Course Section Trend Analysis Report – Admins & Faculty
User Roles: Institutional Admin, College Admin, Department Admin, Department Survey Admin, Course Coordinator, Course Section Director, Instructor, Teaching Assistant
Outcome: The user will generate a Course Section Trend Analysis Report.
Description: This report will organize the data collected by surveys utilizing the same survey template and allow the user to compare the results to another set of aggregate results. For example, a department can compare both their overall results and specific survey question results to their College or the Institution if the same survey template is used. Another option is to compare the course section result with the aggregate course results. The user can choose to display choose multiple statistics for comparison purposes. Please note that this report will generate a large data set that often will require the user to export the results to review the data.
Starting from the dashboard widget:
(For Institutional Admin, College Admin, Department Admin, Course Coordinator, Course Section Director, Instructor, Teaching Assistant roles only – Department Survey Admin do not have this view):
- Start by locating the Reports widget on the dashboard.
- Select the blue “Generate Report” Icon to the right of Course Section Trend Analysis to generate that report
Starting from the main side menu:
(For Institutional Admin, College Admin, Department Admin, Department Academic Liaison, Course Coordinator, Course Section Director, Instructor, Teaching Assistant roles)
- Start by selecting the hamburger menu icon in the top left of the page to open up the menu.
- Under the Analytics section of the menu, select “Report Dashboard”
- The Report Dashboard page will open showing Course Section Trend Analysis under Survey and Course Evaluations Reports.
Continuing from Report Dashboard:
- Select Course Section Trend Analysis by either selecting the text or the “Generate Report” Icon
- Chose the desired Report Parameters to filter the surveys
- Aggregate Level – Select the aggregate level for the results you would like to generate
- Statistics – Select the type(s) of statistic calculation to run in the report
- Compare With – Select the entity(ies) to compare the results with.
- Term – Select the term(s) the report will span
- College – Select the college(s) within the institution
- Department – Select the department(s) within the college(s)
- Course – type in keywords for the course(s) needed for the report
- Instructor – If the user is a faculty user, the Instructor will be the user, if the user is an admin, the admin can select a specific instructor.
- Course Section – select the instructor’s course section(s)
- Survey – choose the desired survey(s) need a report generated.
- Show comments (checkbox) – select from the checkbox to allow the report to show comments.
- Select the blue “Run Report” button to generate a report, or the “Reset Parameters” button to clear and reset the parameters. After the report runs, you may see the following “Export to view results” screen. This is expected:
- After the report is generated, the user can export the report by selecting the “Export” drop-down menu. The user is able to:
- Download a PDF
- Print the report
- Download a CSV file
- Download an Excel file
Sample export of this report to csv/Excel:
- If the user needs to return to the report parameters to adjust the report, select the blue “Edit Report Parameters” Text under Report Parameters near the top of the page. This will return the user back to the Report Parameters page.
Remember if you need to run a new report, to click the button!