|Partner: Texas A&M International University
Location: Laredo, TX
Faculty contribute to an institution in so many diverse ways. But how can you create an efficient way to capture their teaching, scholarship, and value? What type of commitment is that? Certainly, it requires collaboration. Additionally, there is the challenge of building a sustainable process for capturing data that is going to be maintained in the future.
Texas A&M International University needed to answer these questions as they began their search for an effective and user-friendly way to engage faculty in collecting their data for institutional improvement and effectiveness.
Texas A&M International University took a collaborative approach to phase in their use of AEFIS Faculty Activity+CV Solution to conquer this challenge, making the collection of faculty data simple.
- Formed a committee and had meetings
- 4 of 5 colleges agreed to move to AEFIS
- Seamless transfer of data from the previous solution
- Faculty LOVE change
- About a two-year phase-in
- Full implementation Fall 2020
TAMIU Current and future uses:
- Repository for faculty scholarly activity
- Reports for annual faculty evaluations, tenure/promotion
- Linked for faculty profiles on the website in progress
- Linked for SACSCOC faculty roster form (TBD)
A.R. Sanchez, Jr. School of Business has maintained its business accreditation by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). And now has customized reports/tables which can be exported from AEFIS Faculty Activity+CV Solution to add to re-accreditation— with no formatting needed!